Sunday, November 21, 2010

Nikki is 12


One of my least favorite birthdays is when someone turns 12.  They go into YW or YM and it just seems it's a turning point when they aren't your little child anymore they are a teenager.  I love my Teens don't get me wrong but they are that much closer to leaving home and that makes a Mom sad :(.. Nikki has told us she wanted to go to the temple for her 12th birthday since she was 10.  So that's were we went first thing that morning.  Scott baptized her for a few family members and continued with some other names.  It was the greatest thing to be in the temple with Nikki and her loving every moment of it!  She also had a bowling costume party and a huge family party! Then a few days later she told us we hadn't celebrated her birthday as a family.  OH MY so we went to spaghetti factory for family night! My kids are never going to be able to complain that we didn't celebrate them enough on their birthday!

Love You Nikki!  I love that you always want to hang out with me, work with me, get straight A's, take care of your little brother, always smiling and helping out at home! Your friends all love you and you have the kindest heart of anyone I know.

No comments: