Sunday, May 18, 2008

Another Milestone


Jess graduated from seminary tonight.  It was a nice program and our whole family went and enjoyed the talks.  One of the things I admire most about Jess is her gift to think things out for herself and gain her own testimony.  She has worked hard this year to fit in reading the entire Book of Mormon. She has enjoyed her years in seminary and I'm sure will miss the spirit that comes from attending class every other day.  I cried for the first time, this morning as I wrote out my testimony to give to Jess.  I hope she keeps it in her scriptures and it reminds her of my testimony.  I am trying to keep my emotions under control these past weeks as Jess finishes up a bunch of things in her childhood.  It gives me comfort and great joy to know that Jess is ready to move on with her life and excited for all the changes coming.  I have also been trying to let go her whole senior year so I think as the Mom I am going to come through the next few weeks smiling...not crying.  That is our neighbor Marty Lind in the picture with Jess.  They have been friends since we moved here 13 years ago.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jess is a beautiful person, body and soul. You and Scott have done a great job raising her. What a good feeling to know you can let her grow and govern herself. Don't cry too much. She will still need you guys plenty in the future. I mean, look at us. I still call mom at least once a week. I always will. I am excited to watch as Jessi has new experiences. From age 18 to when I got married were some of the best times. I'm glad she made her own blog.

Bree said...

That was very sweet. Jessi has been a special girl to me too, and my heart literally aches and a lump swells in my throat when I think of her leaving the Studio. Ever since my first day teaching I have been drawn to her specifically, and I love her very much.

P.S. Is that short hair that I see in that picture?!?!