Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The ABC'S of being Snowden


Active.....My kids have learned that our family is Active....I know it is my fault.  I have never been one to relax well.  My kids run around doing activity after activity.  The problem is they love it all too...or maybe I have brained washed them into thinking they love it.  Anyways after  weeks like the past two.....even I am ready to throw in the towel and move to some remote spot where dance, sports, lessons, jobs, callings,ect......don't exist. 

Bring it....I used to cater more to my kids every wish. Lying all their clothes out daily, putting all the items they would need for each activity in a little bag with snacks ect.....I've lost my desire for that part of mothering and have found my kids really need to learn to do  all that for themselves....  If you need it you better bring it has become my new motto....(this isn't perfected by the way, I make numerous trips in my car bringing countless items all over town to my children who forget to "bring it")

Care....I don't know how we do it, but something I am proud of... our family has had family prayer and scripture together almost every night for 4 years now. Some nights its just a fast 2 minute ordeal, but most nights it's enjoyable and we talk and learn from each other.  One thing Scott and I have tried to instill in our kids during these times is to Care.  Care about others, Care about where your life is going, Care about the gospel Care about school, Care about any activity you are involved in.....I am so thankful my children are driven and passionate about life.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, I was up around the same time you were this morning. Of course, eventually I made my way back to bed. Anyways, you have always had the best kids in town and your a fab mom.