Friday, August 21, 2009

Baseball and Softball all summer long!



So conner really caught the fever of baseball this summer. He loved it and played so well. He also learned a lot about being a team player and getting along with different personalities on a team. He was one of the younger kids but really played well and had great sportsmanship. His Daddy was his coach. Scott loves coaching the little ones in baseball and they always love him as a coach! The Twins ended up winning the last game of the tournament in avery tight game against an undefeated team. It was so fun to see that all transpire and the excitement of the boys. Scott and I also took the whole team to an Orem Owl's game. They got to run out on the field with the players and introduced over the loud speaker. Fun Times!

Nikki had a great softball team. "The Shockers" Nikki ended up being the 1st string pitcher and did a great job. She is very athletic and has a lot of determination and drive in her. I think she got that from me...haha! Anyways their team ended up taking first place in the regular season and winning the whole tournament. I love team sports and the things they can teach your kids if you can guide it into conversations about sportsmanship and how to treat others.
I was the assistant coach and had a blast with all these little girls.

Ozzy played too but with his football schedule and all our trips he only got to play in 5 games. It was good to see him out on the field again. I hope he sticks with playing recreationally for awhile. It is so fun to go to the big boy games.

Now Conner is playing tackle football and Ozzy is playing football for Timpanogos. We also have family tickets for BYU this year and we all joined a fantasy football league. Looks like fall is devoted to football and dance!

2 comments:

angie said...

Hi Sandi!

Thanks for your comment... I'm glad I know about your blog because I will get to know your family better. Blogs are fun. We are excited about our new kids... it's an adventure for sure, and when they join our family, I'm pretty sure we will then be the loudest family at church! They have never gone to church so I'm not sure how quiet they will be...I guess we will all see what happens! ha ha!

Unknown said...

Good job for doing some catch up work. I will be glad to see you blogging again. Will you be picking up on your service blog again? Can't wait.