Thursday, March 18, 2010

Piano Recital


Austin and Nikki had their long awaited piano recital. I really don't love piano recitals and neither do they but we feel compelled for some reason to participate. Austin and Nikki practiced their pieces so many times. I had them memorized and were as sick of them as they were...haha! But then we have to get all dressed up on a Saturday afternoon and sit through 30 other kids pounding their way through their songs...just to finally hear the songs from kids that I have heard for the past 3 months! Once they got up to play I was once again a proud mother and so impressed with how far they have come. They are both up to playing as well as I have ever been able to play. I surely hope they keep with it. I know Austin will. He is already telling me he wants to take music classes in college.

No comments: