Friday, February 11, 2011

A few of Nikki's 6th grade adventures

All my kids have participated in the NOVA program.  It is a drug awareness program put on by the Orem City police department.  All the kids had to write a talk about what they would do to stay off drugs.  Nikki got picked to read her talk at NOVA graduation.  I have to admit I was really impressed with her speech.  You easily forget how much your kids are growing up day to day.  She is growing into a great young woman.

The next week the 6th grade had a mock trial.  Nikki was a defense attorney defending the witch from the Hansel and Gretel story.  The parents got to come watch and be a part of the jury! I had to help convict the witch (Nikki wasn't very happy with me) but it was fun to see the kids be a part of this process.  Nikki is loving 6th grad and it is going by very quickly!

No comments: