Saturday, January 22, 2011

Family Prayer and Scripture Study and some hard times

Family Prayer has never really been a problem at the Snowden house.  We meet together every night around 9:30 and pray.  Everyone has an assigned night so we know when it is our turn.  Scipture Study has been OK as a family we have read through the BOM 3.5 times now.  Which is really slow.  Some nights everyone is just too tired, including me.  Some nights everyone is too silly and a lot of nights we have watched general conference talks instead of reading the scriptures.  This year we need to try harder to follow the advice of our leaders and be more consistent with our reading. I know it will bring greater blessings to our family and we need to help Austin prepare for his mission!

I just got a new calling to be the Assistant Camp Leader for our Stake. I am really excited and love all the ladies on my board.  I have to give a devotional the first morning of camp to all the YW and leaders of the Stake.  I am a little nervous about this but have a lot of time to prepare so I'll be fine! :)

We have had a hard couple of years financially in our home.  The economy has hit very hard and the construction world has been the recipient of it's wrath.  Somehow Scott has found enough work to keep us afloat but our income has been cut to almost 1/3 of what it was. We are really weighing in on me getting a job outside the home.  The problem is I have no formal education.  (Girls get your education finished :))  If I'm going to work outside the home I want it to at least be helping our family more than hurting it so we are going to start praying and looking at what is our there for me :)  The roller coaster of life has us on a slow climb upward now and I can't wait to get to the top again! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

well, what are you looking for in a job? You are very talented and have a long list of accomplishments. I am sure you can get a good job. I wish the stupid economy would just recover already. Grrrrr.