Sunday, August 22, 2010

Clear Creek for Nikki

Austin loved Clear Creek week. Jess tolerated it and Sidney thought it was OK.  I warned Nikki of this when she wanted to sign up to go.  She of course had to try the week away from family and friends at age 11 for herself.  I knew she would get super home sick but I never dreamed she would cry and have anxiety for weeks before the big event.  It was so hard to send her but I knew this would be one of those giant growing times in life we just have to get through.  She cried and I cried getting her off on the bus.  Once she was there she had a better time then Sid or Jess and had many stories to tell.  Most importantly she learned a valuable lesson that she could do hard things and conquer her fears!  This pic is of all her friends that went with her to clear creek.  Kelsie came home after the first day with a broken leg and showed up to welcome the girls back.

No comments: