Sunday, August 22, 2010

This is how it's done girls!

I am the girls camp leader for the our ward.  This past camp was my 4th year.  Every year I plan for 6 months every little detail of camp.  It is a HUGE job to take care of 26 teenage girls and their leaders for a week.  Entertainment, Menus, Crafts, Little dodads and thoughts, Sleeping, Cleaning and Cooking list...ect!  Every year I get teased by my boys, especially Scott (who is a scout leader), about how much effort and time we put into our camp.  This year the boys went to Sand Hollow and I learned how it is done in Boyville!  Take all the boys shopping with you on the way to your campout (cold cereal breakfast, sandwiches lunch, and a can of chili or stew for dinner) EVERYDAY.  Play hard boating, Repelling, Hiking, Bike Riding, Swimming, WEARING SHORTS AND NO SHIRTS ect....( the girls are allowed to Hike), then pull up to some random church parking lot and spend the night.

All kidding aside, the boys had a great time at scout camp. The real reason they camped in the parking lot was a huge dust storm came in and they had to hustle to pack everything up and move away.  I'm so thankful for all the men in our ward who take time off work to spend with these boys.

No comments: