Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Red Rock Relay Run!

Snow to Sun, 30 hours, 186 miles, 8,000 foot decent, 12 people, 2 vans! We did it! Had the best time running with 12 other people to reach a great goal. My van had Susie, Tracy, Nancy, Kristi, Annie the other van had Jocyeln, Sam, Jessi, Craig, Aunt Deb, and Tracy's Uncle.  Her aunt and uncle are 65 and they kicked butt.  I was really proud of them running this relay!  It was really hard at times, hot and cold, dead of night dark and afternoon sun bright, no sleep for two days but so fun to accomplish something so hard and fun. I started the whole race by riding up the Brain Head ski lift and then running down a hiking trail to home.  It was 29 degrees at the top and I was freezing at first but quickly warmed up and ran my heart out! My second run was the hot. 5:00 p.m. on a highway running over the freeway and crossing many streets.  My third run was at 3:20 a.m. with no sleep straight up a giant hill.  Our team worked really hard together and always cheered each other on at every stop.  I now have 12 new friends and have the desire to run better, faster and farther! Go Me!! (Now I just need some of my family to enjoy it as much)

1 comment:

Jocelin said...

You are the best! We had such a blast and are so grateful you let us be a part of your team. You Rocked the Red Rock!