Sunday, April 6, 2008

Dave Ramsey Crazy

Scott has gone crazy over this guy.  He has paid my kids to listen to his book on tape and convinced me to listen to him too. Now I am hooked on Dave Ramsey too.  In the Total Money Makeover he tells you how to be Financially Fit.  No it is not a get rich quick scheme. It is a common sense plan that I believe can help anyone, no matter what your financial status is right now.  Scott and I have been working hard, going without many "things" for the past few years to get totally out of debt so we can move on to the investing steps.  We just made it last month and can I say how freeing it is to be debt free and know that every penny of your money is your money.  It is liberating and I never want another car payment or credit card again.  When Scott and I had some rough years in our business many years ago it was all to easy to borrow from our home, cards, ect. Instead of cutting back we continued living the life we were accustomed to, thinking we will get out of this soon and pay it all back. Those years and the years after faced with all that debt were overwhelming and stressful.  Scott and I have learned many lessons from these experiences.  I am hoping we can teach our children a better way, with the help of our new friend Dave.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have seen Dave Ramsey on TV. I remember being impressed with how solid he was. He wasn't preaching any big financial scheme. He was preaching common sense. Nate said Scott brought him the CD's. So we are going to join the craze too. Heaven knows we need it. Your web site looks gorgeous.