Sunday, December 7, 2008

Our Weekend in Salt Lake.





This weekend Sidney had her Nuevo Dance Competition at the Salt Palace.  The girls and I went up and stayed for the weekend.  We had a blast. Nikki and I spent all of Friday night together.  We went to gateway, ate at Rumbi Island Grill and went to see Four Christmases.  It was fun to spend the whole night with just Nikki.  It's funny the things you learn about your kids when you are alone with them.  Saturday we watched Sid compete with her Teen team.  All their dances are so fun to watch.  Jessi even got to fill in for a girl in the hip hop dance, so I got to see her on stage again.  After the competition we went with Jess to the Festival of Trees.  Her studio Front and Center dance performed there.  She choreographed four dances for them.  It was really fun to see Jessi in action as a teacher now.  I could tell how much those girls love her. 

 The boys stayed at home, completing Austin's Eagle project.  YAY!! The blankets are done! We will be delivering them to the United Way very soon.   They drove up to stay the night Saturday.  We saw the lights and ate at Macoroni Grill.  WOW is it expensive to take 7 there.  Luckily I had some penny pinching gift cards but not quite enough for our 127.00 bill.  OUCH!
We stayed for the weekend in the Reber apartment right behind the LDS conference center.  It is on the top floor and has a spectacular view.  I love weekends like this....I have my kids all to myself with no distractions!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those little weekend getaways are so fun. I was just thinking about the festival of trees tonight and wishing that I could have gone this year. Oh well. Anyway, that sounds great for Thursday. Allyson's reception is actually Thursday night in Alpine so we won't be done with that until 8:30 anyway. Thanks again for helping out. Your the best.

sandi snowden said...

her reception is before the wedding?? i've heard of the day or days after but not before. have you heard anything about when tiff's baby is coming?