Sunday, August 24, 2008

Education Week


I have been going to education on and off for the past 15 years.  Usually more off because of children.  I did manage to get to 2 classes a day this year and it was so inspiring.  I always leave every day feeling energized to go home and do a little better.  This year my favorite was Christi  Bergen.  She taught "Becoming a better parent".  She taught about disciplining with a method called "Induction"  I have used this form of discipline (without knowing it had a name and was preferred among child psychologist) with my children just naturally so it was good to hear her lectures and fine tune some areas.  This week has been really an emotional week for me with school starting, all the kids having their own stresses and telling me about them, Jess leaving the house, and other various things.  Education Week and being close to my Heavenly Father has really pulled me through.  After a week like this I just really want to be back on the cruise ship.........

No comments: