Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The oldest has flown the coop





Jess and I spent the day together today.  She is officially moving out today and tomorrow.  I have had such mixed emotions over all of this...I am so excited for her but sad for me.  Anyways today was really fun.  We went shopping for new school clothes, bought school books, moved a load to her new apartment, and found her new UVU classes.  Tonight we had a moving out party.  wE made her favorite dinner, chicken sundaes.  Tanner made a party cake and we had peanut butter cup ice cream.  We also all gave Jess a present she will need when she moves out.  She got toilet paper, tooth paste, an iron, and a bunch of food.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So fun. Jessi is a super cutie. She will have a great time enjoying her freedom. I just can't believe she is that old. Crazy!!!!

Bree said...

Wow, my little Jess that I used to pat on the head at the end of dance class. What ever happened? She looks legitimately happy, and I know she'll love the 'adventure' - while still being a quick drive from home. It's still wrong to me that she had to grow up. But, what a beautiful young woman she has become (in so many ways.) We text back and forth about continuing dancing, and I hope she'll listen to my advice. She needs to keep going, even if it's just UVU dance team for now. She's got to keep showing her gift to the world.

Bree said...

P.S. Chicken sundaes? Hmmmm....