Thursday, January 1, 2009

Austin's bad end to a great year.

New years Eve this year was so boring for Scott and I.  All the kids had other plans, even Conner went to his cousins house for a sleep over.  You would think Scott and I would find a great party or something to go to.  We went to dinner and movie, like we do every weekend...yawn.  I missed my kids.  I should of known the boredom wouldn't last long.  While watching the last 15 minutes of  Valkire Scott got an unknown phonecall.  He didn't answer it in the theater but quickly listened to the message.  "The Orem police Department with your son Austin."  Scott left the theater and called quickly.  I sat inside the theater, my heart racing wondering; did he crash, was he driving with friends, is he hurt, is he in jail.  Scott came back in ten minutes later and told me "It's fine"  I had to hear the whole story in whispers during the end of the movie.  Austin and his 4 friends had taken our big four wheeler over to the high school and pulled each other on a sled.  I guess some neighbors called on them.  Luckily they had a nice officer who thought it was pretty funny but had to call all the boys parents and then he let them go.  I know it scared Austin a little bit. I'm hoping it will be our last run in with the law.  I tried to get mad at him but ended up cracking up while he told me the story.  

We also had the police called to our home this summer when the boys were skate boarding past a field and one of his friends pulled a political sign out of the ground to use a sword and then through it in the field.  Well that is against the law. Neighbor called and police came.

  Another time while Austin was gone home teaching his friends decided to push each other home in a shopping cart. When they got it home they decided to paint it up and use it as their sweet ride.  A neighbor called, the gang task force came because it was considered tagging (graffiti).  Our boys were even on the news as a gang that night.  It was so funny because all of Austin's friends are the cutest, slightly innocent boys and they were on the news as a gang.

SO NO MORE POLICE BOYS!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Geez! I would have really freaked out. Poor Austin. And dumb neighbors. I mean, don't they think the police have better things to do. Oh well. Our new year's was pretty boring too. We did light fireworks with the kids but that was about it. We didn't even count down the new year. Oh well. On to 2009.

Unknown said...

By the way. I found your service blog. Go there and you'll see I left some comments.

Unknown said...

Hey, I just read your message on my blog. Come anytime. Actually, come on a Wednesday because that is early out day. The kids leave at 1:00 so I could creep out early and we could actually enjoy lunch. I usually just take a 10 or 15 minute break during lunch because there is always so much to do. You could come in at 12:30 and see my room and stuff. Let me know.

Unknown said...

Hey, do you still have extra tickets for the open house. I couldn't remember if I told you but Nathan and I and kids would love to go with you guys if you still have tickets. Let me know.

Unknown said...

I am referring to the Draper Temple open house . .